What are the Performance Features of the 2018 Toyota Tacoma?
The 2018 Toyota Tacoma horsepower and performance provide a powerful driving experience that’s well suited for both work and adventure. With this truck, you get:
- Six Available Trim Levels
- Two Efficient Engines
- Two Responsive Transmissions
- Two Available Drivetrains
The Toyota Tacoma has a reputation as one of the most fuel-efficient trucks on the road, offering and EPA-estimated fuel economy of 18 mpg/city and 22 mpg/highway.* But unlike many competitors, it doesn’t sacrifice power:
- 2.7L Engine: The DOHC 4-cylinder engine delivers 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque and comes paired with a 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission.
- 3.5L Engine: Drivers can also choose the DOHC V6 engine that delivers 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. This engine is also paired with the 6-speed automatic transmission on most models.
- TRD: For drivers who demand off-road performance the TRD line of Tacoma vehicles pair the 3.5L V6 engine with either the 6-speed automatic or the available 6-speed manual transmission for a more interactive ride.
- 2WD or 4WD: Drivers can choose standard two-wheel drive for greater fuel efficiency or powerful four-wheel drive for enhanced traction and control.
Technology to Go Places
In addition to highly capable powertrains, the Toyota Tacoma offers Georgetown drivers access to advanced technology and engineering, including:
- Crawl Control: The available Crawl Control system provides additional power and support for drivers on difficult terrain.
- Multi-Terrain Select: Drivers can adjust the vehicle’s handling characteristics based on the type of terrain they find, for a custom driving experience.
- Class-Leading Towing: When properly equipped, the Toyota Tacoma offers up to 6,800 pounds of available towing capability.
- Toyota Safety Sense: The Toyota Tacoma is now equipped with the Toyota Safety Sense TM (TSS) suite of advanced safety equipment for better protection no matter where the road takes you.
Experience the Toyota Tacoma Performance for Yourself
Experience the thrill of the 2018 Toyota Tacoma horsepower and performance features for yourself. Schedule a test drive at Toyota of Cedar Park or visit our showroom in Cedar Park, TX.
* 2018 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.